Sunday, April 3, 2011

Installation Art

Installation art is another type of art that we discussed in class.  I enjoyed talking about this type of art and looking at all the different examples of this art that is exhibited in museums around the world.  In class we looked at Ai Weiwei’s Sunflower Seeds at the Tate Modern.  After looking at various installation artists online, I found many pieces that I thought were interesting.  One artist whose work I enjoyed looking at was Yayoi Kusama.  She is Japanese artist whose paintings and sculptures are environmental installations.  They often involve the use of polka dots and bright colors.  Her works is abstract and conceptual.  Some examples of her art can be seen below.  I really liked her work because of the bright colors and the use of polka dots.
 

No comments:

Post a Comment